The Spider-Man: Far From Home trailer dropped on Monday, and it has Marvel fans all in a frenzy as the is the first look at a post-Endgame MCU. There is a lot in the trailer so never fear, today we are going to talk about the 5 big takeaways from the trailer!
*Spoilers Ahead for Spider-Man: Far From Home*
- The movie takes place almost right away after Endgame– As we can see from all the details from the trailer, the world is still trying to understand all that is happening. We see Peter morning the loss of his idol, Tony Stark. Throughout the trailer, we see memorial services, and a mural painted in his honor. One of the lines that standouts and really set the tone for the who movie going forward is Police Officer is talking to Peter and the states “Are you going to be the next Iron Man now?” and in typical Mr. Parker fashion, he quickly responds “I am too busy doing your job.” The tone of the film is going to be somber yet exciting as the world, and Peter, has to deal with what is likely the greatest loss of a superhero. It will be interesting to see how this dynamic plays out in the movie.
- Marvel’s take on Mysterio is a lot closer to the comics than meets the eye– So, the big thing that a lot of people are taking away from the trailer is the mention of the Multiverse (more on that later). What is interesting is that Nick Fury states that Mysterio is from another universe, a.k.a. the Marvel Multiverse. This is actually kind of comic accurate, as Mysterio is a con artist at heart, and could be feeding Fury wrong information. For those who do not know, Mysterio is one of the main rogues in Spider-Man’s fun, dynamic rogues gallery. While they are changing minor things about the character, they are doing all things comic book for the role. If they went as far as to give him the fishbowl (funny accurate costume), I think it is safe to assume that they will not change his villain status anytime soon.
- The other villains might play a more significant part– Along with me Mysterio, the trailer gives us quick glimpses into the other smaller villains in the movie. The Elementals are four villains whose powers follow the elements (water, fire, earth, and air). What is interesting is in the trailer, it seems that the Elementals almost look man-made. This could play a huge roll in the movie as it could lead to the full reveal of Mysterio being a villian! We have to wait and see, through!
- Peter might let his identity be known, kind of– One of the more eye-catching scenes in the trailer is when MJ, played by the wonderful Zendaya, says “You’re Spider-Man,” and kind of checks and plays it off as a joke. I think this might be a tease into someone close to Peter figuring out the puzzle and seeing his real identity. If we look at the comics, his character often plays a significant role in his relationships with people. Someone other than Aunt May knowing his identity could build some interesting dynamics in the movie.
- The future of the MCU could look very, very different– Now, we get to the mentioning of the Multiverse. For the average fan, this might not be very much, but as comic readers know, the Marvel universe consists of many dimensions and timelines. Along with that, it contains different realities. If Mr. Beck is serious, this could have massive implications for the MCU. This is not the first time we see mentions of this in the MCU as both Thor: The Dark World and Doctor Strange both mention the multiverse in some fashion. This is the first time that the MCU refers to it as in the idea that someone is from there. This could be a red herring, or it could mean that a whole new door has opened for the MCU. If that is the case, this is the best way to introduce the X-Men and other properties that Disney recently purchased.
All in all, the trailer was awesome and showed a lot for the next film coming in the Spider-Man saga! Lets us know what you think! For all things cinema, you are in the right place!