Deadpool Creator Reassures Fans that a Third Film Will “Totally Happen”

It seems as if the Merc with a Mouth will be returning to the big screen after all! After the Disney/Fox deal earlier this year became official, the future of Deadpool appeared to be up in limbo. However, Deadpool creator Rob Liefeld took to Twitter on Thursday morning to reassure fans that everyone’s favorite foul-mouthed superhero will be returning in a third film.

After Disney acquired 21st Century Fox in March of 2019 for $60 billion, many fans were worried that Disney would not continue with the “R” rated Deadpool films because of their family-friendly nature. After a concerned fan asked Liefeld on Twitter if there would be a third film in the popular franchise, he quickly replied and said, “It will totally happen!!! Soon!”

Even Deadpool actor Ryan Reynolds himself was unsure of the future, saying “I really genuinely don’t know a thing about it.” With that being said, Disney CEO Bob Iger and Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige have both said that they had no plans of scrapping Fox’s most valuable asset, and are planning to keep the “R” rated formula that is working so well.

Do you think Disney should keep making more Deadpool films? Do you want to see Deadpool in the MCU? Let us know and be sure to follow us on Twitter @TheCinemaSpot and Instagram @thecinemaspot_!

Sources: NME, ComicBook

Written By: Cole Hardy (@ColeHardy116)